Wednesday 1 October 2014

Wishlist - A/W Copper Home

After reading the wonderful ROCO online home magazine last night, I became inspired by the Copper home trend on Pages, 10 - 12 from Issue Ten; So throughout today I have been sprawling around the world of the internet looking for a few key pieces that would go with two of the items from the article, that I'd love to have for when I get a new place with Mr M in a few months. I've kept the prices to £40 & Under as when your dealing with copper the prices really can run away with you, as I did find myself looking at a £900 lamp & now I need it in my life!



Number One - Set of Bowls - Rowen & Wren - £36
Number Two - Square Candelabra - John Lewis - £26
Number Three - Copper & Black Acctim Wall Clock - Tesco - £30
Number Four - Albus Twisted Table Lamp - John Lewis - £40
Number Five - Storage Basket - H&M - £6.99
Number Six - Wooden Tealight Holder - H&M - £1.99

  Number One is a set of four bowls from Rowen & Wren which are simply gorgeous! They are described as ice cream bowls which just makes them even cuter. As they have high quantities of copper in them, they will patina over time giving them a unique character which would look lovely on your kitchen shelf.  
  Number Two is a square candelabra which can dress up any dining table known to man. The shape kind of reminds of something I made back in Tech at High School (I don't know if that's a good thing? or bad?) but I kinda like it! Also it isn't a very strong copper colour, so if you're worried about adding copper to your home this would be a great first step!
  Number Three is actually one of my favourites (While writing this it has become out of stock.. my heart is breaking) & I'm really going to have to buy this first! There is also a white version on different websites (Amazon) but I really cannot decide which is better! I just love how most of the numbers are dented in but 12, 3, 6 & 9 pop out, just adds a lot more detail to this simple but amazing clock.

  Number Four, a lamp from John Lewis, is really starting to grow on me.. At first the shape was a tad strange but I now adore it. It's a great statement lamp to sit next to a sofa or in a bedroom if your side table needs more of a focal point.
  Number Five is a gorgeous storage basket from H&M which is perfect for a office work space (Think pinterest white desk & walls), I can really see myself storing my planner, a book & paperwork in it.
  Number Six is a collection of three different tealight holders from H&M, each one costing £1.99, so you can get the set for less then £6! I love the copper, wood & white holder the best, it's just perfect for adding a dash of copper to your living room without going OTT.

How about you, do you like the copper trend? Have you found any great pieces?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...